The power of the heart:a collection of teachings
- 作者： Shih Cheng Yen , compiled from Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese by the Jing Si Abode English Editorial Team
- 出版社：Jing Si Publishing Co., Ltd.
- ISBN：9789866661419; 9789866661556
- 格式：EPUB 流式
- 附註：Includes appendix Paperback published 2013
In this book, Dharma Master Cheng Yen’s spiritual teachings are compiled into relatively short English articles for reflection and contemplation. The collection is an eclectic one, based on talks to different audiences and from different sources. While they are loosely grouped into separate topics, each occupying one part of the book, the articles may stand on their own.
Part I offers basic teachings on Buddhism, which can serve as a foundation for understanding the Master’s wider teachings. Part II is about cultivation, or ways we can put the teachings into practice to become a better person. Part III introduces Tzu Chi, its spirit, and how Tzu Chi volunteers learn to be bodhisattvas through Tzu Chi work. Part IV shares the practice of repentance in a series of articles which teach us to look inward to find solutions to the many problems that we see in our world and encounter in life.
In giving teachings, the Master guides people to see the real truths and principles in life, and these are universal to all human beings no matter what country they are from, what religion they practice, and what language they speak.
The teachings have been compiled with care to reflect the Master's style of using simple, easy-to-understand language to help people to 'understand the spiritual teachings, take them to heart, and be inspired to practice them in their daily lives'—for this is the Master's heartfelt wish.
- About the Author
- Editor’s Foreword
- Part I: A Spiritual Perspective On Life
- The Essence of Pure Wisdom
- Taking Refuge
- Touching the Spirit of the Three Refuges
- Awareness of Karmic Affinities
- The Law of Karma
- The Spiritual Food of Dharma
- Part II: Cultivation
- Taking the Step
- Cleansing Our Inner Hearts
- Freeing Ourselves from Habitual Tendencies
- Wholesome Friends
- Part III: Walking the Bodhisattva Path of Tzu Chi
- Addressing the Suffering in Our World: A Brief Overview of Tzu Chi
- Bringing Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva to Life
- The Self-challenges of a Bodhisattva
- Inner Practice for the Tzu Chi Path
- Wisdom and Compassion
- Nourishing the Seed of Goodness
- Part IV: To Turn Things Around———The Power of Repentance
- REAL-LIFE STORIES
- APPENDIX I: Sutra Adaptation of the Water Repentance Text
- APPENDIX II: Select Verses from the Sutra Adaptation of the Water Repentance Text
- APPENDIX III: The Ten Tzu Chi Precepts
- APPENDIX IV: Verse Adaptation of the Sutra of Innumerable Meanings